*Rules for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Eligibility:*
A candidate intending for admission to Ph. D. course must have obtained the relevant academic qualification(s) from the following:
1. At least 55% marks in the main subject allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto at Master degree level (SC/ST/OBC Non Creamy-Layer/Physically & visually handicapped candidates will be given relaxation of 5% in the minimum percentage of marks)
2. The candidates pursuing M. Phil. Course or any other course shall not be considered for enrolment to Ph. D course, till their pursuing course is completed.
3. The candidates may apply for admission to Ph. D course whose qualifying result has not been declared. However, they will have to submit the copy of the DMC of the qualifying examination at the time of interview, proving that he/she is eligible for admission to Ph. D. course as per rules. The candidates having qualified UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET may submit provisional/qualifying certificate at the time of interview.
4. Inservice applicants will submit their application duly forwarded by their employer along with “No Objection Certificate” from the employer. In case, the candidate joins service after the enrollment in Ph. D course,
he/she will have to obtain the prior permission of the university subject to fulfillment of conditions required as per rules. He/ she , shall also have to obtain N.O.C from the employer for continuation of his/ her Ph.D
Course (Part–time). Every candidate during research in a subject/discipline, where experimental work in a laboratory is required, shall have to stay for a minimum period of two years at University or at
University /Institute/Laboratory recognized by the university for prosecuting the research . In case of other candidates the minimum period of stay at university will be one year. In exceptional cases, where there
is sufficient justification for doing so, the condition of minimum stay at the university may be relaxed by the President on the recommendation of the supervisor(s) and Dean/Head of the institute/ R.A.C Concerned.
5. The teachers employed in a University/ College before 31.03.1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis and are desirous of registering for the Ph. D Programme shall be permitted for registration, if
they have a minimum of 50% marks at the Master’s Degree course.
6. The candidates shall work for Ph. D degree in a subject studied at the Master’s Degree or allied subject under a recognized guide. She/he may be permitted with the approval of the concerned D.R.A.C to conduct research
in a subject other than the one chosen for the Master’s Degree, provided it is of an interdisciplinary nature.
7. The fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and/or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants shall be considered eligible for registration for Ph. D in the subject of Accountancy and Actuarial Science
in the faculty of commerce, provided they possess a Bachelor’s Degree of any statutory university and have 10 Years Experience. However their application for registration in Ph.D has to be duly approved by the D.R.A.C
1.Applications for research in inter-disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a subject other than the faculty of the subject in which the research is proposed to be done and from the international students [those
who have not obtained the degree from Indian Universities] shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research. Such proposal shall be examined by the Guide and the Head before giving provisional admission. The admission will be confirmed after the R.A.C approves the topic.
2.Above mentioned rules will also be applicable to the foreign students who have obtained the Master’s degree from the statutory Indian Universities/Recognized Foreign Universities.
3.Exceptional ability- Extra ordinary performance/ achievement/ National awards Winners in any stream can also be considered for enrollment as Research Scholar.
*PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION*
1.The university will notify the number of available seats for Ph. D degree course in different subjects in advance through advertisement in National /Vernacular newspapers and the university website on the number of available
2. The candidates shall apply for admission on the prescribed form available in the University or can be downloaded from the university website
3.Prepare research proposal of approximately 4-6 pages as indicated in Annexure A
4. The candidates are required to appear for Interview before the Research Advisory committee on the date (s) notified by the university along with research proposal.
5. Ph. D seats will be filled up out of the candidates qualifying the entrance test and counseling/Interview in order of merit. Exemption from the entrance test will be allowed as per UGC rules. Reserved seats remaining vacant shall be filled up out of general category on merit. The date of admission will be counted from the date of deposit of first semester fee. The student may submit the final thesis in the minimum three years, which shall be counted from the date of admission/ the date of Provisional registration. If the thesis is not completed due to non- availability of data or other reason(s), the period can be extended semester-wise as per requirement up to 3 years on the recommendations of the research guide. The women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two more years ( four semesters ). Women candidates may be provided
maternity leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D upto 240 days
The reservation of seats shall be applicable as per Govt. rules.
1. The University shall conduct the entrance test on the date(s) notified by the University.
2.The scheme/policy of entrance test will be as under:
(c) (d) (e)
The medium of Examination shall be English only (except language subjects Hindi and Sanskrit) Entrance Test Question Paper shall comprise of 100 objective type questions ( 50 questions on mental ability & general
awareness and 50 questions on the main subject and these shall have to be attempted on OMR sheet. Each question shall carry one mark. The duration of examination shall be two hours. The validity of result of the entrance test
will be for one year from the date of declaration of result. There will be no provision of re-evaluation of answer books of the entrance test. The following categories of candidates will be exempted from entrance test for
admission to Ph.D Course :
Qualified UGC-JRF/NET, CSIR-JRF/NET, SLET examination in the concerned subject. (Candidates who have obtained M. Phil degree through Distance Education or any other University will not be exempted from Ph. D Entrance Test.) Candidates having more than 12 Years professional experience.